8 Positions Available


    Permanent Substitute Teacher Assigned to Elementary Building, Kinawa 5-6 or CMS 7-8

    8 Positions Available

    Will Report to the Same Building Every Day To Sub Where Needed

    $150 Per Day

    Meet State of Michigan Substitute Eligibility Requirements

    EduStaff Employee

    Apply via Applitrak

    Applications Accepted Until Filled


    To Register As A Substitute Teacher Please visit the EduStaff web site:

    1. Go to EDUStaff
    2. In the top left-hand corner, click on “Start Application”
    3. Complete the online application (process will take about 30 minutes to two hours depending on employee type)
    4. Call EDUStaff with any questions or concerns at 1-877-974-6338




  • Most Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham County school districts use EduStaff to register and pay substitute teachers. Our substitute teachers are an integral part of our educational system, please read this information, as it will help explain the process to become a registered substitute in our district. You can choose as many, or as few districts to sub in.

    EDUStaff Apply Today


    Interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher? Please apply using the following instructions:

    1. Go to EDUStaff

    2. Top left-hand corner, click on "Start Application"

    3. Complete the online application

    Questions or concerns? Call EDUStaff at 877.974.6338

    The following districts offer substitute opportunities within the Ingham ISD area:

    • Capital Area Academy
    • Cole Academy
    • Dansville
    • DeWitt
    • East Lansing
    • Holt
    • Ingham Intermediate School District (see note below regarding Heartwood School*)
    • Leslie
    • Mason
    • Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy
    • Okemos
    • Waverly
    • Webberville
    • White Pine Academy
    • Williamston

    Qualifying for Substitute Teaching

    To qualify to substitute in the participating districts you must have a transcript indicating completion of 60 credit hours from a four-year college or university with a minimum 2.0 GPA, or hold a valid or expired Michigan Teaching Certificate.

    If you will be teaching with 60+ credit hours OR an expired certificate, you are required to apply for a 150-day permit from the Michigan Department of Education. The fee for this permit is $45.00 per school year. This fee is due after the sub permit is submitted into the state and you receive an invoice.

    Please note: A 150-day permit is no longer required for those holding a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate and would like to teach outside of a certified subject area.

    Contact Information

    Should you have questions or need additional information please contact:
    Ingham Intermediate School District at (517) 676-1051 or visit their website at http://www.inghamisd.org/


    EDUStaff at 1-877-974-6338 or visit their website at https://www.edustaff.org/