Philosophy of Learning
A Great Beginning for "Young 5's"
Okemos Public Schools' Philosophy
- The Okemos Public Schools believes that quality education is a shared responsibility involving home, school, children and community.
- Educators are responsible for providing programs that will improve learning and integrates all areas of development.
- Program goals include helping all children to become effective communicators, self-directed learners, complex thinkers, collaborative contributors, and innovative problem solvers.
- The program also strives to develop compassionate, caring and responsible children.
- We believe that every child is a learner and is capable of learning great things.
- We believe that every child has the right to and learns best in an environment that promotes growth, spreads acceptance and creates a feeling of safety.
- We believe that children benefit when play is used as a means of learning through discovery.
- We believe that developmentally appropriate instruction meets the social, emotional, and physical needs of each child as an individual.