FREE & REDUCED MEALS
** APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED AT ANY TIME DURING THE YEAR**
- See below (How to Apply) for paper application.
- If filling out an application prior to July 1, please use the July 1, 2022 date. Applications dated before July 1, 2022 cannot be processed.
- Applications will not be processed until the form is complete. Please make sure you provide current contact information in case we have questions.
- Benefits do not start until the application has been processed by the Food Service Office and you receive notification.
***ANY CHARGES INCURRED PRIOR TO APPLICATION BEING PROCESSED ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN.*** Free & Reduced Lunch applications can be submitted anytime during the school year as the need arises. Menus and Ala Carte pricing are posted in all school cafeterias.
HOW TO APPLY........
- Use our secure online application at familyportal.cloud
- Read the agreement and continue
- Select Okemos Public Schools
- Follow the instructions for completing the questions on the application
- Follow the instructions for submitting the application
- Complete a SY '22-'23 application (Applications are also available in all school offices)
- Follow the How to apply
- Reference:Frequently asked questions
- Applications must be filled out "Completely" & "Readable"
- Please read it carefully and fill in ALL the information as asked for.
- There are 4 steps/sections - if applicable, ALL sections must be completed.
- DO NOT USE PENCIL! YOU MUST Print your name & Sign your Name! IF you are NEW to the district and received Meal Assistance from your previous school you MUST fill out a NEW Application - benefits do NOT transfer automatically!!
- Return the application to the school office in a sealed envelope to the attention of:
Okemos Public Schools
Food Service Department
4406 N. Okemos Rd.
Okemos, MI 48864
***NOTE: Students who qualify for Meal Assistance must take Full or "Combo Meals". Single, Extra Entrees or Snack Items are NOT covered ***
Did you know?
- Family finance is a very personal matter and your application will be handled with confidentiality and respect.
- Students receiving meal benefits are not identified in the Food Service line. Our Meal Magic software protects the identity and privacy of students. All students use the same service line and the computer screen does not indicate which students are free or reduced price.
- Free and Reduced-Price Meals are provided with federal tax dollars. The school district does not subsidize meals to students who qualify.
- Okemos Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services processes all applications and determines eligibility using federal income guidelines and federal regulations.